Tuna Aglio Olio e Peperoncino

It’s the holiday season and whether we like it or not, one cannot avoid over-indulging with the sumptuous meals prepared during the Noche Buena or the Media Noche. During this season, all take on diet is forgotten. There's this Company Party you're attending to, Night out with the Barkadas, high school reunion, college reunion, family reunion, dinner with the boyfriend, fiance/e, in-laws... and all these entails what else, but  delectable, tempting, gastronomic, mouth-watering FOOD. And whether we like it or not, it's on our Filipino culture to feast during special occasions.

I have here a recipe of one of my favorite pasta dishes that is healthy and light that I wanted to share with you. I usually make this as a “baon-to-share” when going to work and I usually got positive reviews from my colleagues. They've been asking me to give them the recipe so I made this into a food blog entry so that other people could try to cook this at home. Also, I usually cook this during my CARBO LOADING phase before a run.

I hope you will find time to try my recipe and maybe try to improvise it and make it your own.

This is my own version of: 

Tuna Aglio Olio e Peperoncino

You will need:

Spaghetti or Linguini (1 kg)
1-2 bulbs of Garlic, crushed then minced (I prefer to make mine with more garlic)
2 cans of canned Tuna (in vegetable oil or the spicy one)
1 tsp of Chilli flakes (peperoncino) or as desired
1 can of Mushroom (pieces and stems)
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Chopped Parsley (optional)
Chopped Basil (optional) (I make mine with lots of Basil! I sooo love the aroma of a fresh basil leaf)
Salt and Pepper to taste

•    First, cook Linguini or spaghetti following package direction. Make sure it is al dente.
•    Set aside.

•    In a hot skillet, pour at least ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil.
•    SautĂ© minced garlic and peperoncino until brown.
•    Add the canned tuna and continue to cook until tuna begin to break apart.
•    Add the mushroom and let it simmer.
•    Add parsley, basil, pepper and salt to taste.
•    Toss the cooked Linguini into the skillet. You can add more olive oil as desired.

This one I made last Christmas Eve for the Noche Buena. Tuna and Shrimp Aglio Olio e Peperoncino





I also tried making Aglio Olio with shrimp or with shrimp and tuna to make it richer. But for those who don’t want their love handles protruding in layers, you can stick with the tuna. And please,  stick with Olive oil as it is beneficial to your health. Don't try to use  another alternative for it. Try also putting on black pitted olives, capers and anchovies.

Enjoy!


Spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino

Comments

Popular Posts